9/07/2006

Pat Nolan

m
Idleness
mmmmmmmmmmFor my drinking companions,
mmmmmmmmmmT'ao Ch'ien and Kumasen
m
m
m
Paralyzed by the thought of all the time I want
represented as the character for tree and gate
as in gaze at tree through portal of mind
also depicted as moon viewed through gate
I keep the gate closed to have morning to myself
m
introduce words to the lines on the page
eventually
mmmmsomeone will read between them
m
they are singular signals that say
either "come hither" or "go away"
m
when all my cells
mmmnin unison decide
mmmmmmmmmmmmon equilibrium
that'll be the day
till then thrive on the chaos of the system
m
hair now like the graying feathers of an old bird
no need for tonsure I'll be bald eagle all too soon
m
tastier than even candy one Satsuma is not enough



Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home