9/08/2006

Thomas R. Peters, Jr.

m
Meanwhile Back at the Ranch
m
m
m
I was feeling inspired
so I made myself a drink & turned on the TV
I don’t think there’s anything
I like more than more than Modern Poetry & cartoons
except for Vodka & film noir
or watching you get dressed in the morning,
you say, how do you make yourself a drink?
just what turns on a TV?
this morning, I read the lives of
Auden, Corso, Sexton & Ed Dorn,
“No one that followed her poetry
was surprised when she committed
suicide in 1974,”
How much longer shall I inhabit
the lower east side
this weekend I looked for Gregory
at the “kettle of fish,”
Auden at the Holiday Bar.
m
Morning television sucks,
so do the guys outside with the jackhammers,
at 5am I heard a car window crash
followed by a car alarm which drove away,
Rimbaud lived to the ripe old age of 37
he didn’t die at 19 he just stopped
living, HENRI de TULOUSE-LAUTREC
made a painting in 1896 that looks
so much like Caitlin, it’s called
“Femme a’ sa toilette,”
Woman Dressing, that
I had to draw
a tattoo on her back
now they no longer resemble
each other,
In the last few weeks
I’ve traveled thousands
of miles on trains,
in two days my niece
Caroline will be one year old,
some day she will
understand this,
I hope by then
I will too.
m
m
m
Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home